Monday, February 29, 2016

Parading around

This week was a little slow work wise, but we worked really hard.  We had some really great lessons with Claudia and Isabel. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation, but didn't get too far because the member we were with just wanted to skip right to talking about the Spirit world, haha but it was good!

Tuesday we went and helped out at the food bank. They had clothes there that day too, so us and the elders chose out some really great outfits for each of us. Then we had a bunch of appointments that fell through. But we also had some less active lessons! It was crazy, because we got a referral for one family and then the other flagged us down. The cool thing is that a few weeks ago I was going through all the part member families that our ward has listed, because we are supposed to work with them.  I was disappointed because pretty much all of them in our area had moved, but I felt prompted that morning for some reason that the family who had flagged us down was one on the part member family list. I went and looked and turns out one of their daughters isn't a member, but we hadn't tried them because some former missionaries had marked them as having moved! It was really cool because they really want to be taught, and we've been looking for good solid families to teach! It was definitely a tender mercy. It was also funny, because when we went over we were talking to the mom and her youngest son came in who had just gotten baptized a few yrs ago and was like you're here for my sister aren't you? And I just laughed and was like no we are here for all of you!

Wednesday we had zone conference! It was super awesome, I love zone conference because I always learn something really cool. My favorite talk was probably by Sister Passey. She talked about the importance of using past experience/ testimony to support what we teach, then how we need to promise or give assurance of blessings, and invite people to act. It was really cool because usually we read from Preach my Gospel about inviting, commuting, and following up, but it was kind of a different twist on it, and something we can apply to ourselves. Then we talked about the 2 thousand stripling warriors, and how they demonstrated this by trusting in what their mothers taught them. We also have a challenge as a mission to teach the Restoration at least once every single day in March. I'm excited because I love teaching the restoration and I usually use it for everything! Also President Passey shared our experience with that lady locking the gate on us with the whole entire group haha. Anyways, it was good. I always learn so much from them!

Thursday most of our zone was in a parade for the Tucson rodeo! It was really fun, but it was so hot, and we were so exhausted after. But then we went out to eat with our zone to a restaurant in our area that's owned by a member, it was sooooo good!

Saturday was also super awesome because every single person that we had appointments with/ had planned to go visit was home! Also it was great because the ASL elders had asked us to come visit a former of theirs that was also a former of ours. It was a family who speaks Spanish, but one of the sons is deaf, so they teach him in sign language and can kind of communicate with the mom with it. Anyways we taught the Restoration with the ASL missionaries! It was a bit insane because Hermana Munk and one of the elders was teaching in English, and then I would translate to the mom in Spanish and the other elder would sign to the boy who is deaf, but it was super cool! We are going to start teaching the mom separately! Then the elders each had a baptism so we went to that! It was really awesome and so many people where there!
Sunday was a bit crazy. We were fasting so both Hermana Munk and I were dead by the end of the day, but we had 3 less actives at church. One of them we haven't even visited for a couple weeks! Then our investigator Ana was there too as always! So it was a pretty good week! Haha oh yeah also we were knocking and the first door we knocked on this lady just let us strait in, and we were a little confused. Anyway apparently they had been waiting for someone to come and tour their trailer, because they were selling it. They were a little surprised when they found out we were missionaries who just wanted to share a message with them haha. We have an appointment with them this week! 
We also got a church headquarters referral yesterday for a lady that I had in my area book for some reason when I was in Eldorado. It's funny because for some reason I had her marked on my map in my iPad, and I was thinking about visiting her earlier this week, but didn't because she's in the elder’s area, and they already have her progress record. But for some reason I had a different address then them. So we went to go try the address that the elders and the referral that we got yesterday had.  When we got there it turns out she had moved and her friend was living where she used to. The cool thing is she told us that she didn't know the new address, but she knew it was off of Mossman and turns out the address I had saved from Eldorado was off of Mossman! We weren't able to find it yesterday, but we will try it later this week! But it's just so perfect that I happened to get her actual address in my old area! Hopefully we can contact her this week and start teaching her, because she sounds golden! Also her friend is really interested in learning more and even pulled out her Book of Mormon to show us!

So although we had less lessons than usual this week, it was still full of miracles! And that's not even all of them!  It's funny to think at the beginning of my mission I was so scared to go talk to everyone, and now I just do it without thinking haha.

Anyways I hope you have an awesome week! I love you a lot!
Love,

Hermana Burgoyne





No comments:

Post a Comment