Monday, February 22, 2016

Hi!
My new comp is great.  I'm not in a new area.  I just got a new companion. Usually we stay in areas for at least 2 transfers, with the exception of my transfer in the El Dorado ward. Anyways, she's awesome her name is Hermana Munk. She's been out only 2 transfers more than me, so she's about the same age as me on the mission. It's interesting because her areas were mainly English before this one, so she hasn't had a lot of practice in Spanish. It's funny because this is the first time I know Spanish better than my comp. I'm going to have to step it up and learn a lot. It's a little scary, but it's really cool to see how much I've grown in the past few transfers! Also I've definitely felt like God has been helping me to communicate a lot better just in this past week.

This week has been so crazy and a little stressful. I think taking over this area is a lot harder than it was in El Rio, just because I was there a little longer beforehand. But it's good we've been blessed with lots of referrals this week! 
Funny story- the other day Hermana Anderson suggested that we try this former investigator she had been teaching when she was in Los Reales. Her name is Gloria, so we went to try her and this lady came to the door and told us that Gloria was there.  However, she was busy, so we should come back in 15 minutes. So we left and tried a few potentials we had around her. Then we went back to the house, and when we got there the gate was locked haha. It was hilarious, I have to give her credit for that one, it was a good way to get rid of us.

We’ve also seen some pretty awesome things happen. We had started teaching another former of Hermana Anderson the other week.  When we taught her, she told us she wasn't too interested, but we went back.  When we got there, we ended up having a really awesome lesson and extending a baptism date, and she said yes! She really wants to learn more! It was awesome :). It's going to be difficult getting her to church though because she goes to Mesa over the weekend with her son each week, but we will see!!

It was also funny, because we were helping set up a wedding with the elders on Friday, and I was telling them about how I've like never had someone call me and give me a referral in this area before.  As soon as we got home, we got a call from a lady in another stake, and she asked us to invite one of her friends to any of the Relief Society activities we had coming up. It was perfect, because we just happened to have one the next day! So we invited her and she really wanted to come, but she ended up getting called into work right beforehand so that was a little sad. But next time!

Also we finally had a lesson with Josie, the less active lady that flagged us down like a month ago. It was awesome.  She is so ready to return! She even told us she was coming to church the night before without us asking. Then the next day we got a call from her 10 minutes before church, and she told us her daughter no longer could give her a ride and so she wouldn't be able to go. It was really sad because she was so excited to go, and we weren't able to get her a ride right beforehand.  We got it all figured out for next week, so we are excited about that! Then we got another referral from another member of our ward. She turned out to be a less active too, but we are so excited about all the help we are getting!

Friday night we had a wedding to go to for one of the less active members in our branch. It was so pretty! We ended up helping out a lot with that.  Then the next day, we had the relief society activity too! It was a little crazy, but super fun!
This week I've been studying a lot about adversity, and how we have to overcome all the trials and temptations that we have in this life.  Something I really liked is when I was reading in Alma 42 today and it's when Alma is talking to his son Helaman about judgement, and I loved verse 29 that says "and now, my son, I desire that ye should let these things trouble you no more, and only let your sins trouble you, with that trouble which shall bring you down unto repentance." I just really like that, because it reminds me not to worry about all the trials I am going through, and all the things that we will have to go through. Just focus on how you can be better and when you do that God will be able to help you through your trials.
Anyways I hope you all have a good week! I love you lots and lots!
Love,

Hermana Burgoyne

No comments:

Post a Comment