Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Moving!


This week we have transfers! I am kind of freaking out right now! I'm going to be pink washing Deming, New Mexico with Sister Hoffman and going STL for my last transfer which is pretty much the last thing I expected! They are taking out a set of elders and putting the two of us in, and neither of us have served there before so it's definitely going to be an adventure! I'm excited and super nervous! It'll be good, because it'll help me work hard until the end! Sister Delgado is going to be training a new missionary! She's freaking out too haha.

This week was awesome! We had tons of lessons and tons of miracles! Tuesday I got to go on exchanges with Sister Hernandez up to Los Reales! I was so happy! I got to go have dinner with the Sardinas who are one of my favorite families up there! They are such a great family! Then later that night I got to go see Liz! I've missed her a lot. She seems to be doing really awesome and progressing really well. It's amazing to me to see how much she has changed these last few months, and all because she has been applying the teachings of the gospel in her life!

While I was gone Sister Delgado and Sister Kerr got to visit with lots of our investigators and even were able to set a baptism date with Isabella's cousin, Ashley, and change out baptism date with Juan Limón!

Most of this week we have spent finding new people to teach, and we've found lots of people who seem pretty interested so that's good!

On Friday we had the trunk or treat which was fun! There were lots of games and lots of little kids. We took pictures with everyone!

Saturday we had two lessons in the morning and both of them went pretty well. Then on our way home from them we got a call from President Passey telling us about transfer news, and after that I couldn't focus for the rest of the day! That night we went to a huge Disney themed birthday party for a one year old boy in our Ward. I love the birthday parties here! We ended up leaving with Minnie mouse ears and a bunch of desserts! Then later that night we tried some other people, but just ended up planning because we were so stressed!

Sunday was a bit bitter sweet, because I had to go and say good bye to lots of people here that I love. Juan Limón is doing really great right now. Earlier this week we found out he was struggling a bit with some of the commandments, but we talked to him and taught him and now he is working on it! He has lots of faith, and I'm so excited for him to get baptized at the end of this month! The whole time we were there him and his wife kept complaining about how I'm leaving, and they told me that I need to come back to stay with them the night before I go haha. I couldn't make any promises, but I told them I will try to be at their sealing in the temple next November!

We were also able to go visit with Rena, and she seems to be doing well. We stopped visiting her for a month to see if it would help her have the desire to learn more, and it worked! Turns out she has been reading and feels like it's helping her a lot! Earlier in the day our Relief Society president who is good friends with her told us that Rena had been talking to another member of our Ward who was really sick, and so she called her knowing she was the Relief Society president to let her know that the other sister was sick. We were all laughing because she already acts like a member of the ward.

 

Yesterday, the Spanish wards bishop’s son gave his homecoming talk, and he shared a scripture that I've maybe shared with you before, but it was a good reminder for me. It's in 2 Nephi 4:19-21, 28

"19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.

20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.

21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.

28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul."

I feel like my entire mission I've really related to this scripture because I feel like even though as a missionary I'm always trying to be my best, I always feel like I'm not doing good enough. But I know that God is always there to help me, and that he doesn't expect more out of me than my best. Then I love how it continues in verse 28 to say how the only reason we feel down when we are doing our best is because Satan is trying to make us feel bad and forget that God loves us no matter how imperfect we are. We just need to shake that off and keep going and trust that because of the sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for all the peace that that knowledge brings me in my life and that I can share that with others! I love you lots!

 

Con amor,

Hermana Burgoyne 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment