Monday, October 17, 2016

Praying for food


This week had some ups and downs and overall was a bit slow, but that's ok.

We were able to visit with Juan Limón twice this week two nights in a row! The first night we had had dinner earlier, and I was still super hungry, so I kept praying that someone would give us food.  Then we got to the Limon's and Hermana Limón asked us if we were hungry and made us some carne asada! It was so good! We didn't sleep that well that night though, because we had eaten super late. Then the next night we went over again and this time one of her sisters and other family friend were over eating, and they gave us chicharrones and more carne and it was super good! It was funny, because we had invited one of Hermana Limon's other brother in-laws over to teach Juan the law of chastity and so we felt a little awkward when we got there and they were having a dinner get together and we had invited someone else to come, but it worked out ok! I've just never had six members with us to teach a law of chastity lesson before haha. Juan didn't seem too uncomfortable like he sometimes does though!

This week we decided to knock around where our investigator Natalie lives. We found 3 new potentials right by her, but haven't been able to contact them yet! Also we were able to visit with Eric, but we will probably drop him because he's only interested in understanding people, and not in finding out if the church is true. So that's a bit sad :(.

A few weeks ago we had a group call with all the Spanish missionaries to talk about our language learning, and I got made one of the Spanish training leaders. That means I have to call all 3 other people in our district each Friday to make sure they are studying Spanish and then report back to another elder who is over us all! It's pretty easy I guess, besides that all I have to do is ask people to give language trainings every Wednesday and make the calls.

On Saturday we went to Patagonia to help a member of our Ward with his mud house. We helped mix concrete and cut some wire and random stuff like that. I got super sun burnt so when we went to our Ward talent show that night everyone kept asking what happened to me haha. The Ward talent show was also good! The bishop of the Spanish Ward paid $30 for us to get cupcakes from the auction they had. They were pretty good! They were salted caramel flavored and the frosting kind of tastes like the Carmel you make mom, it reminded me that I will be home for you to make all of your Christmas treats and I'm super excited for that :)! Later that night we got a call from Sister Kerr who is serving in Los Reales! She's our STL and I don't know if you remember this, but the transfer Hermana Garcia were together we contacted this man sitting in the back of his truck and ended up having a lesson with his brother and 6 children! We only got to teach them one other time while I was there, but turns out Hermana Kerr and Hernandez started teaching them again, and they are super ready for the gospel! So that's cool! Also Hermana Kerr also told me that Liz is doing super well and that they are hoping that in 2 weeks I can go on exchanges up there to go and see her! That would literally make my life, so hopefully it happens! I just think it's so cool to see that work I did 5 months ago is helping the sisters there now! I'm so grateful for how God works!

Sunday was pretty good! We had a few less active members come to church which was good! Hopefully this coming week the work will pick up a bit!

Anyways I'm so grateful for the chance God has given me to serve a mission! I've made a lot of mistakes, but I also have grown a whole bunch. Sometimes I wish I would grow a bit faster, but I know that I will keep learning when I get home too! I'm just so happy that I had the chance to share the gospel with others and help others take the steps, so that they can return to live with our loving Heavenly Father. I love the verse that Mormon uses in 3 Nephi 5:13 " Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." I'm so grateful for a Savior who makes this all possible and hope that I can become even more like Him each in every day! I love you lots!

Con amor,

Hermana Burgoyne 

No comments:

Post a Comment