Friday, July 8, 2016

Nogales!

This week has been good, really weird, but good! Nogales is sooooo green and it's l so different from Tucson, but I think I'm going to like it. It's a little weird serving in both a Spanish and English Ward. Don't tell anyone, but I think I like the Spanish Ward better, but that's probably just because that's what I'm used to haha. Anyways, I love Hermana Sands.  She's super awesome! It's great because she wants to work hard and is obedient, so that makes me happy :). It's a little weird being senior comp, but only because when people ask me how much time I have left in my mission and I say a little more than 5 months they're like oh you're almost going home! Luckily I still have a little while left. The work here is good. The elders have the town on the border, so they have most of the Spanish works.  We just mostly work with English people. We are going to start looking for some more Spanish work though! Our apartment is pretty nice, we actually have a washer and dryer in our apartment and then we have 2 stories, it's a bit awkward because we can't have couches and stuff in our apartment so we have a really empty living room, but it's nice. We even have two bathrooms, but the toilet isn't working in one of them. My new address is 1414 Via Halcon #2, Rio Rico, Arizona 85648.
Anyways this week we've been going around trying to get to know people in the area. It's really weird because there is only one other set of missionaries down here, so we spend a lot of time with the elders. The people here are all really nice though. We've been working a lot with recent converts in the area. We have one named Priscilla. She just got baptized a few months ago, but she's super nice. We are also teaching her mom who was on date for baptism, but she got scared, so hopefully we can help her get back on track for it. We also have another recent convert named cowboy Bob. He lives about an hour away in Patagonia. It's super pretty out there! It's super green and there are basically a bunch of farms out there. Apparently his horses approve of me, so they are ok with me switching places with Hermana Lund for right now. 
This week we've had lots of adventures. One of my first dinners here we drove up a really steep hill, and it got super rocky and sketchy, and we had to drive about a mile before we could turn around. Then as we were coming back down we got attacked by 3 German shepherds. It was kind of crazy. 
Not too much else has happened. There's a lot of work to do here, but we are still working on getting it moving, so we will see how this transfer goes!
Something that impacted me this week is that although each ward is a little different we can still feel the spirit testifying of Jesus Christ in each one of them. There was a sister in fast and testimony meeting yesterday that shared her testimony on how we worship Jesus Christ, and although she didn't take too much time we could feel the spirit super strong because she was testifying of our Savior. This week I decided that I want to focus on helping others come to know Christ this transfer and for the remainder of my mission. Like it says in 2 Nephi 25:26 "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." I really want to help others come to know to who Jesus Christ is, and that through him we can receive forgiveness in this life. Through Him our lives can change. My goal is to change my life a little each week so that I can become a little more like Him and so that others will see that and have the desire to change too. I’m grateful that I have the chance to share my testimony of Him and His life each day. I only hope that I can be an instrument in His hands to help others know for themselves the same things I do. I love you! I hope you are having a great week!
Love,
Hermana Burgoyne

No comments:

Post a Comment