Monday, July 25, 2016

More Miracles!

Things have been really busy and lots of crazy stuff going on. Good news is we finally got Priscilla back to church after about 4 weeks! It was crazy because we went to go see her and her mom Saturday night, and she told us that they wouldn't be able to go because they needed to go shopping on Sunday. We tried to explain the importance of going to church, but it just didn't seem to be going through. So we went to church on Sunday for Ward council and got there a little early. When we got there we realized we had left our phone at home, and we were debating if we should go back home or not to get it even though it's a 15 minute drive back up to Rio Rico.  We decided to just in case, and we ended up having a missed call from Priscilla telling us she wanted to go to church, but she needed a ride. So we found her a ride and then an hour later her whole family besides two of her brothers had showed up to church! It was a miracle!

We've also been working on finding this week because we are all out of people to teach since Liz got baptized last week. Anyways we've been really wanting to find some more people to teach that we could bring to the Spanish Ward because surprisingly there is no Spanish work in our area. So we went out to a lesson with our Ward mission leader and the lady who we wanted to see wasn't there, but one of his old students lived across the street so we went to visit them and they speak English and the lady gave us her phone number and told us to call her if we ever need anything. Turns out her son is really good friends with a member in the Spanish Ward and he's going to take him to church this following Sunday! 

Then after church on Sunday we were about to leave when this sister in the Spanish Ward told us that she had a friend who has been asking her a lot about life after death and things like that. She was telling us that she doesn't know how to answer everything she asks and we're like that's what we are here for! We are going to go and visit with her on Tuesday!

Otherwise this week a dragon fly flew into our apartment and we have a really great video of me screaming and running away from it. Haha

On a spiritual note whenever I've had a question this week in my mind, and I've prayed about it and opened up to a random page in the Book of Mormon every time I've opened up to Moroni 7 not trying to. Anyways I really like verses 3-5 that talk about how we can be peaceable followers of Christ. Anyways I've been thinking about his a lot and how I can be a better follower of Christ through my actions and my words.
"3 Wherefore, I would speak unto you that are of the church, that are the peaceable followers of Christ, and that have obtained a sufficient hope by which ye can enter into the rest of the Lord, from this time henceforth until ye shall rest with him in heaven.
4 And now my brethren, I judge these things of you because of your peaceable walk with the children of men.
5 For I remember the word of God which saith by their works ye shall know them; for if their works be good, then they are good also."
I like these verses because they remind me that if I'm doing what I'm supposed to and living worthily I will be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father again. So I want to choose each day to become better and cleaner so I can obtain a sufficient hope to return to Him. Then as I do this I will be more worthy of the Spirit and able to guide others to make right choices too. I'm so grateful that because of our Savior Jesus Christ we are able to change. The gospel is all about change. I think something my missions taught me is that no matter who we are or where we been each of us has the potential to turn around and follow our Savior.
Love,

Hermana Burgoyne

No comments:

Post a Comment