Tuesday, July 7, 2015




The MTC is still great!! I am just tired all the time! My friend Hermana Hansen came in today. I screamed really loud when I saw her! Also I am the only one I know going to Tucson still... Most my district leaves on the 21st and I leave on the 20th which is a bit sad.  Our district never changes, however we keep getting new districts in our zone each week. I love my district we are all super close especially the Hermanas. The weather is pretty hot here, but we try to spend as much time as possible outside.


I can't believe it's already been 3 weeks here, but I still have 17 months left! I love it though! Sadly the temple is closed this week and next but we get to go clean it next week which will be cool!

This past week there was the new mission presidents training so all of the general authorities have been here! Last Sunday we were walking back from out temple walk and got to the crosswalk and they made us stop while President Monson and President Uchtdorf drove away! It was really cute because President Eyring wheeled President Monson out to his car. You can tell they all really love each other. When President Uchtdorf and his wife drove by they unrolled the window and waved at the small group of us so that was cool!

Oh!! We moved again this week because apparently there were bats in 17M!! We didn't believe them at first when they told us we were moving because that is the 2nd time we have moved since we got here and because of bats! But it happened so now were back in the gross old dorms again. Oh well. We get new rooms every week. I wouldn't be surprised if we were asked to move again tomorrow!!

Also Spanish is still coming great! I am gaining such a strong testimony of the gift of tongues! It’s so real! At this point I can pretty much teach my part of the lesson without notes!!

Last Sunday we watched the Testaments! I loved it! What really stood out to me was when it showed Jesus dying on the cross. I remember when I was little I used to get crucifixion and resurrection mixed up, so I thought we'd all be crucified and was terrified. Luckily I got all that straightened out a long time ago.  What really hit me is how grateful I am that because Jesus died on the cross and suffered in Gethsemane for us we don't have to feel that pain. He already suffered for us. Also going along with that on Sunday at the devotional something that stood out to me was when he said "what makes us think we could be Saviors on Mount Zion without suffering?" That just reminded me that we are doing the Lord's work and it's going to be hard, but He'll help us carry our burdens because He has already felt this. All suffering will be worth it due to the joy we will receive after from seeing others come to Christ!


Joseph W. Sitati spoke last night.  He taught us that our mission is the time for us to set our foundation for the future. I hope that I come back from my mission a completely different person. I hope to be my best self and be better than I was before. I want to put my all into this work and make it worth it!

Love you all!!

Hermana Burgoyne

No comments:

Post a Comment