Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Happy 4th!

I am so sad I couldn't be at the family reunion this week! I am still trying to figure out who all the new cousins are.

For the 4th, we got to watch the fireworks from the parking lot.  We couldn’t see them so we went back to our room to go to bed, and realized we could see them perfectly outside our window. So we just sat all squished together on our bunk beds watching them.

Not much new has happened this week, except we've had tons of devotionals due to the 4th and fast Sunday. We also get to watch President Packer’s funeral Friday. It's sad to see him go, but I am happy for him because I am sure he's with plenty of his family. 

This week teaching has been good! My teacher told me and Hermana R that when we teach Alex we do the best job and are his favorites out of our district so that was neat! Also he said that my Spanish has improved so much! Then one of the oral exam evaluators asked me if I was an intermediate Spanish missionary coming in, because I sounded like it.  I still have a lot to work on, but I am so grateful every day for the gift of tongues.

My whole district and I are doing really well. I love all of them so much.  They're becoming my best friends, even if some of the elders drive me crazy at moments ha hah. Everyone (besides me) has been in and out of the doctor this week for various reasons.  One of the elders in our district had to get his skin cancer removed last Thursday, but he's doing fine now. 

This week in class one of our teachers shared with us this really cool chapter in Acts 20 about how the apostles were given the gift of tongues, and how we to will be given that gift in the latter days.  I just love how in one of the verses it talks about the sons and the daughters will go forth preaching now. It's just so cool to know they saw our day and saw sisters like me going out and sharing the gospel!

I love hearing from you all so much! I've missed you a lot this week!

Emily sent me a package from her and Kelsie this past week. It was so cute! It had a thing of pictures of us from the past year and a bunch of food and a CTR ring in Spanish! Also her and Kels left me a note along with Jenna.  Then one of the best parts was Parker, Brain, Brayden, and Sarah all left me little notes in it just telling me good luck! It was so sweet and was really what I needed in the moment. Also I just love how they all know each other now ha hah!

I love you! Thanks for everything!

Hermana Burgoyne

No comments:

Post a Comment