Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Week two has been fantastic!
This week has been a bit bittersweet because one of the other districts in our zone left this week, and we all got really close with them. But that's ok I have all of their emails so I can keep in touch!

Apparently the MTC is supposed to be the most stressful place in the world according to a member of my branch presidency. The funny thing is that I have been stressed only minimally. If I get stressed it only lasts for about 30 minutes, and I am fine again. Everyone in my district has had moments of doubt and being extremely stressed, so I feel really blessed right now. I was told that if I can handle it here without being stressed, I can get through anything.

Spanish is coming along great! I am pretty sure I can say about as much in Spanish now as I ever could in French so that's funny! Anyways the gift of tongues is real and I feel like I am learning and catching on so fast! I feel so blessed!

One cool experience this week was when Elder Nash of the 70 came to speak at our devotional last night which was really inspiring, although we were all a bit disappointed because all of the Quorum of the 12 apostles are supposed to be here this week to train the new mission presidents, and so we were hoping one of them would speak. Anyways it was still great! 
Something I learned was:
Gods loves all his children and so you should help bring them to Him through Christ. I want to put my all into my mission, because I don't know if I returned to Him today that I would be satisfied with all the work I have done. I want to give my all to Him, it's only a 1 ½ years of my life, and I chose to be here so why not give my all to Christ who has given me more than I could ever give back.  Especially, the opportunity to be with my family for forever. I want others to know what I know and be able to have the same hope and opportunities I have. Although there may be moments on my mission when I am totally exhausted and feel like I can't go on, it'll all be worth it because of what is in store for me. I was foreordained to be here and do this work so I need to give it my all.

Also a lot of his talk focused on teaching the Plan of Salvation which was perfect because we have been working on teaching that to one of our investigators. Anyways what really hit me was that if we don't teach the Plan of Salvation the people we are trying to teach won't have a reason for wanting to change. I was struggling with teaching our lesson on that earlier in the day and knowing what to say, however this really helped me put it into perspective.

Then finally he quoted from some general authority that I can't remember who it was, but he said that when God asked who would be the Savior of the world and Jesus stepped forward and said "Here am I, send me" that never had such few words had such a grand meaning, and that in that moment Jesus probably knew all that was expected of Him. He did it willingly. This also applies to me as a missionary because in a way I am telling God, "Here am I, Send me." I am consecrating 1 1/2 years of my life to him and I know that in moments it will be hard, but this is what I want to do and I can't imagine myself anywhere else.

Thanks for all the letters and emails. 

I love you all! I hope you are doing well!
Love,

Hermana Burgoyne



No comments:

Post a Comment