Sunday, June 14, 2015

1st day in the MTC



Hi!! So I get to email you since it's P-day. Anyways my flight was good, I wish I could have slept but for some reason I was struggling with that. I ended up waiting for the plane with Elder Hamilton, and he helped me put my bag up in the compartment just like President Walker told him he should. Then Kels and Em Po (these are her good friends from BYU) were there as soon as I got off and down to baggage claim. It was funny because I went down the escalator and was so busy trying to figure out what baggage claim I was supposed to go to that I didn't notice them standing there laughing at me and jumping up and down all excited about seeing me. Then I finally looked over at them and did a double take. I was super excited to see them!

The MTC is great! I'm actually so excited to be here and it's a lot better than I thought so far. I wasn't all to nervous though. I keep seeing people from my ward at BYU so that's fun. I wasn't even in for 5 minutes and I ran into my friend Elder Sosa. It was really exciting to see him. I also saw my friend Sister Whatcott who I ran with over summer term, my friend Jenna's boyfriend, Elder Combs and a few other people. I also keep running into Elder Hamilton. My companion is Hermana Rasmussen. She's really sweet, I think we're going to get along great! She's from Wyoming and going to serve here in Provo. Today we were basically talked to in all Spanish by out teachers which was rough. But not too bad they're pretty nice about it. I also got to listen to a devotional from the Mtc presidency, then a huge group of us went and took turns teaching "investigators." Anyways I am out of time so I better go! I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Burgoyne
Sister Sarah Elizabeth Burgoyne
JUL20 AZ-TUC
2009 N. 900 E. Unit 191
Provo, Utah 84602

No comments:

Post a Comment