Monday, April 11, 2016

Transfers

I'm doing good! It's been kind of an exhausting week.   Both me and my companion have been super tired, but it's ok we're getting stuff done!
So this week we had transfers. My new companion is Hermana Parker. She was my stl ( basically the equivalent for a zone leader but for sisters) for the past two transfers, and we are really good friends so it's been really fun! Hermana Munk went up to Marana which is a little farm town in the north part of El Rio. Turns out she was made a STL yesterday which is super funny, because I was telling her last week how she would be one within a transfer of leaving me because all of my comps have either been Stls or were made into them right after they got transferred.  I've had quite a few companions, so it's pretty much a curse haha.  I realized that all of my district leaders have also been made into zone leaders, so basically anyone I serve around is either already a leader or made into one. But yeah I'm in the same area as before! I will most likely be here for the next 3 months because Hermana Parker goes home next transfer so I will stay here a while.
Liz is doing great! We had two lessons with her this week! She's awesome. The other day she was telling us about how all her friends have been making fun of her for studying with us and telling her a bunch of myths about Mormons.  She has been researching all about the things they've been saying on Mormon.org and lds.org and teaching them, so that's been pretty cool. She still hasn't been able to get to church yet which is a little stressful, because she needs to go this Sunday to stay on date. We're just hoping she gets baptized before Hermana Parker leaves.
Tuesday we had transfers which was crazy, but also good. It was kind of cool because all Monday and Tuesday I just kept thinking about this investigator we have named Rosa.  We didn't have an appointment with her until Thursday which she scheduled on accident.  She had an appointment that day, so I wasn't planning on visiting her until Wednesday. But she just kept popping into my head, so we changed our plans and decided to try her. We went and visited her and had another lesson with her on the Restoration. The cool thing was that it turns out she had a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday and Thursday, and if I had waited until Wednesday like I had planned we wouldn't have been able to see her! 
That night we also had dinner with our investigator Ana. It was really cool because her husband introduced her to the church.  The missionaries have been teaching her since October or something like that, and although she goes to church every single Sunday she was really against getting baptized and not really interested, but then we had a lesson with her about baptism, confirmation, and obedience.  It was really cool because at the end of it we found out that she has changed and wants to be baptized! It's been so cool because we have been praying, fasting, and waiting forever for her to feel ready and finally she is!  We are hoping that soon it'll work out, and she will be able to take that step :)
This week has really taught me that through patience and lots of prayer miracles really do happen. I know that God is guiding His work and that He is going to help us do all that he needs us to. We just have to be willing to put in our part and exercise a little bit of faith :).
Thursday Hermana Parker and I went on a little adventure. Usually Thursday's we go and help out at a food bank with our district, but we decided to go try helping out at a soup kitchen with some other missionaries in our zone. It's was ok, and it definitely made me realize how lucky I am to have all that I have, but we also may have gotten kicked out of it.... Let's just say the person in charge was trying to separated companionships and we didn't let him do that. Anyways we ended up going to the food bank after.
We also had a really great lesson with one of our news on Saturday. It was cool because we didn't have an appointment with her, and originally we were trying to take this member to visit another investigator who wasn't home. Anyways we decided to try Linda and at first she said that she didn't have time, but then we taught her the restoration, and it was amazing. She thought the Restoration was so beautiful, and it was cool because our message definitely answered a lot of questions she had.
I love you!
Love,

Hermana Burgoyne

No comments:

Post a Comment