Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference Weekend!

This week has been good! We watched conference at one of the stake centers. We actually watched the Sunday morning session at our little chapel, but it was in Spanish so we decided that we should probably watch the other ones in English, so we understand a bit better. I mean honestly it's surprising how much easier it is to understand things now, but it's definitely a lot easier to receive personal revelation in English haha.

Anyways this week has been awesome! We set a baptism date with our investigator Liz. She is going to be baptized for the 14th of May! She is super awesome and we had a really good lesson with her this week on the Holy Ghost. She is totally willing to commit and we are super excited for her!
We also have found some new investigators who are pretty solid! Ones name is Rodrigo he's a sophomore in high school and we found him while knocking a random trailer park one day. He had so many good questions about the restoration and could relate really well to Joseph Smith so that was really cool! We have another lesson with him tonight!

We also met this man named Carlos one night. He was a miracle because it was about 8pm, and we were looking for a less active on our ward list but could not find her apartment. Anyways we saw him and asked him if he knew her. He said no, but then we decided that we should talk to him and see if he would be interested in our message. Turns out he has like a billion questions about everything, but especially Joseph smith! We ended up having a lesson with him right then and there! He may be a bit hard to teach because he has so many questions and we have yet to get past the first 2 points of the restoration with him although we have already had 2 lessons, but he is super willing to learn and we are going to start visiting him every night.

We also had a little conference out in Benson for the end of the March challenge our mission president gave. I think I told you about it, but basically it was to try and teach the Restoration at least once for the month of March! It was really cool because I'm pretty sure all of the miracles we have seen were because we were always searching for at least one person to teach each day! It was cool to get to review why we do it and why it's so important to teach people the Restoration.

Also Saturday was pretty good! I loved general conference, especially the morning session! I think my favorite talk was by Elder Hallstrom. Something he said really stuck out to me and it was that
"we can have what we want, or we can have something better." I really loved that along with when he talked about how God allows for us to have trials in our lives, so that we can learn to grow. It just really hit me how beautiful it is that God gives us trials. He gives them to us so we can learn and grow, and in return he gives us something even more beautiful than we had been hoping for. I know that our Heavenly Father truly loves us, and that no matter what we go through it's just to give God the chance to bless us. I know our Savior will be carrying us throughout all we go through. I've seen His hand in my life and know at He lives and loves us. I love you! I hope you have a good week!
Love,
Hermana Burgoyne

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment