Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Eve Miracle

Christmas was really good! For lunch we had tamales and a lot of really spicy beans and chicken. We spent the rest of the day visiting families in our ward.   This week is Hermana Dominguez last week so we are going to work really hard.   Then hopefully Friday, I am going to know if I'm staying here or if they are shutting down our area.
I'm kind of happy to be done with all the holiday stuff from last week.  It was getting a little crazy and busy. We had a lot of lessons though, so that was fun! I also got to help Hermana Dominguez dye and highlight a lady in our wards hair for service.  She also cut her hair, but I just did dishes while she did that. All the members here are super sweet, and I kept getting random presents from people I barely even know.
I think my favorite part of last week was the time I got to spend thinking about our Savior and his birth. Something that really hit me is that He truly did suffer for everything we have and will go through, and the amazing thing is He went through a lot of things just so that we would be able to learn and grow. I just think it's amazing that He came to the world knowing that He would have to suffer for all of the trials that we have to go through in order to help us become more like Him. I'm just so grateful for that.
This past week we had a really cool experience. The night before Christmas Eve Hermana Dominguez and I decided we needed to visit a less active girl in our ward.  Usually we don't leave the house until 12 because of studies and lunch, but for some reason Hermana Dominguez really felt like we needed to be there at 11.  We planned to visit her and then do the rest of our studies after, then that morning we got up and started studies, and I just had a really strong impression that sometime throughout the day we would find a young man that we needed to teach. We left to go visit the less active member at 11 and when we got there her older brother answered the door and turns out the girls was just about to go to work at 12, but she had enough time for a lesson.  We were able to share a lesson on the Sabbath day with her and her brother who turns out isn't a member, but wants to learn more about the gospel! It was really amazing because God guided us to exactly where we needed to be right when we needed to!
On Sunday we had a fireside that all the missionaries put on for our ward, so of course it was on missionary work. It was a little awkward because we were trying to teach them how it's our responsibility to teach the gospel and theirs to help with the social conversion, because it's really easy to smudge that line, but it ended up being really spiritual, then we ended it with Hna. Dominguez, me and another Hermana in the ward singing the efy version of I Know that My Redeemer Lives. We had barely practiced, and I was just kinda making up an alto part to it, and it actually turned out ok! So that's a miracle!
I hope you all have a really great week! Thanks for all you do and for all the gifts! I really loved all of them.  I love you!
Love,

Hermana Burgoyne 



No comments:

Post a Comment