Monday, October 5, 2015

New Investigators!

Conference was great!  Some of my favorite talks were Elder Holland’s and President Eyring’s.

This week has been pretty good! We didn't have many lessons and we were driving back and forth a lot, but it was a good week! We managed to contact a lot of former investigators this week and set up appointments with them for this week! Only one of the people we got in contact with told us she wasn't interested so that was good! Also we have a goal for each companionship in our zone to get 3 new investigators each week and we've been trying, but haven't had much success until this week! We were lucky and tried a referral last Monday from a member of the bishopric in our branch.  We ended up teaching a lesson to them and setting up an appointment for this week! So just the first day of the week we got 2 new investigators!

Then last night we had dinner up in Marana, which is like 40 minutes away from us and only the elders go up there, but we tried one of our formers and she let us right in and we got to teach her and set up another appointment for next Thursday! I feel like we've been greatly blessed for our increased obedience and diligence!

We also went on exchanges again this past week. It was good. I was with the STL for our Zone and since she had been in our area before, we visited some of her recent converts and less actives she had worked with before. It was really good because we were able to figure out the needs of some of the people Hermana Budge and I were struggling with. We also had a lot of success. I felt like I grew a lot from that day! Also one of the ladies we usually teach in English even complimented me on how well my Spanish was getting. I think I finally realized I need to stop worrying about it and just kind of go for it, and usually it comes out better than what I expected! It was a really great day! I felt like we helped a lot of people. We saw a lot of miracles with some of the less actives and I was even able to contact one of the neighbors of one of our investigators who is always outside working on something, but I have been afraid to talk to!!

Love,
Hermana Burgoyne

No comments:

Post a Comment