Friday, June 24, 2016

God loves His Children

This week was really good! We had some really awesome lessons and have seen a lot of blessings like usual!  On Monday we went back and had a really awesome lesson with that family of 7! It was super awesome because we walked in and started out just talking to the parents and one of their children and by the time we had started the lesson all 5 children were sitting on the ground listening to us! The spirit was really strong! Also it was awesome because we invited one of the oldest sons to say the closing prayer, and I'm pretty sure he said a better prayer than I ever had! It was awesome! We are going to go back and see them this week!
We also had the chance to go over and visit Liz. She's doing ok, this week she was really sad though. We ended up talking to her about priesthood blessings and asked the elders to come over and give her one. It ended up being exactly what she needed! God truly knows his children. Although The elders knew nothing about her they were able to deliver a message from God that answered exactly what she was struggling with. We could all feel how much love God has for each of us.
We also had a really awesome lesson with our new investigator, Angelica. this week. Hermana Parker and I knocked into her a few weeks ago, and we finally were able to get in with her again. Right before we went to try her we went by Hermana Quijada's house, because she had made us some seviche, and we just felt prompted to bring her with so we did. It ended up being a really awesome lesson. She cares so much about her children and I'm so excited because I know through the gospel we can be with our families for eternity, and she'll be able to have that opportunity too!
Over my mission I have met a lot of people and realized that there are so many people who struggle, because they don't realize the comfort that that the Atonement of Jesus Christ can bring into their lives. I know that because our Savior suffered and died for us we can live again, be made clean from sin, and receive comfort during all our trials. I know that no matter how alone we feel or if we don’t feel understood our Savior can always relate to us and help us through it. All we have to do is accept Him and follow Him every single day. I love the scripture found in Luke 9 that says:
23 ¶And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Then I have also been thinking a lot about D&C 19 which says:
16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;
17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit--and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink--
I'm so grateful for the atonement and how it's blessed my life! I love you so much!

Love,

Hermana Burgoyne

No comments:

Post a Comment